Memphis, Minnesota

Regular musings from a sleepy dog. That's me: Memphis Miller.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Before and after


I'm finally back to my normal weight. On Sunday night I sneaked into the dog food bag when no one was looking. Laura wasn't home, and Jesse was preoccupied with the kitchen remodel. I kept chugging, chugging and chugging until my stomach looked like a small globe. My motto: Don't put off what you can eat tomorrow what you can eat today.

But soon I grew restless and my tummy began to hurt. I kept whining and got the runs every hour. Laura started Googling a fatal condition called bloat: "The exact cause for bloating isn’t really known but the most accepted theory is that the dog has eaten an exceptionally large meal, drank lots of water and then proceeded to exercise strenuously within the next two to three hours." They kept checking my gums and stayed up with me all night. They felt so sorry for me that they let me sleep under the covers again.

Being sick ain't the greatest, but it's nice to be cared for in the comfort of a warm bed.

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home