Xtreme pup
What are they trying to make me into -- an REI cover dog? Every day, twice a day, either Laura or Jesse takes me on a cursed nature hike. Usually, we go to the Mississippi River. I begin my routine by whimpering as soon as I get out of the car. I do not like my leash. I do not like cars. I do not like walking on my leash across a busy street filled with cars. So I plant my paws on the sidewalk and refuse to budge an inch. Then Laura says, "You big baby," picks me up, and carries me down to the river path.
Once I'm on the wooded trail, away from distractions, I'm usually good to go. Of course, that's provided they bribe me with treats.




Sometimes we stop to rest on the beach. On most mornings, college crew teams are practicing their rowing. I like to curl up into whomever's lap and take in the sights.



Do you see the resemblance?


1 Comments:
Re: "I like to curl up into whomever's lap and take in the sights."
That's surprisingly good grammar for a young Rhodesian Ridgeback! (Even most fully grown Rhodesian Ridgebacks would have said "whoever's" -- possibly without the apostrophe.)
Keep up the good work, Memphis (and you whoevers).
DK
Post a Comment
<< Home