Wounds for lickin'
Gosh dangit, I submit!
There's a little bully in my puppy kindergarten class. He's a German shorthaired pointer named Jackson. You'd probably find him adorable. Big brown eyes, little waggy tail. Tonight he was proudly prancing around in circles with a quacking yellow duck in his mouth. "Quack, quack, quack, quack, quack ..." Harmless, right?

We started to play, and he basically beat the crap out of me. Everyone was watching to see if I would defend myself. At first I snarled and snapped back, but then he made me his bitch. If you look closely at the picture above, you'll see a little scratch on my snout that started to bleed during class. And I began to limp. At least I look a little tougher these days.
But before the night was over, Jackson finally let go of that darn duck. Lo and behold, the duck had a few smeared drops of blood on it. Jackson's dad checked his lip and found he had a cut there. That's right -- I had evened the score!
After class, my instructor Nancy presented me with my diploma. Yup, I've graduated from puppy kindergarten. I start "real" obedience class in November. Nancy gave me lots of hugs and said I showed Jackson who was boss, at least in the first round. "Some classes have a bully," she said. "You're a sweet pup."



2 Comments:
Congratulations on graduating Memphis, we have a big juicy T-Bone steak for you!
Aron, Sara, Eliot & Naomi
Really?! Party at your house! I've never had steak! See you soon!
-M.
Post a Comment
<< Home