Splitting hairs

If you saw this picture and began to think, "What a handsome photograph of Memphis," I have bad news. That's not me.
It's a Vizsla. A Hungarian pointer. But I have to admit, I'm a dead ringer for the breed. When people see me on the street, at the pet store, or even while they're running the Twin Cities 10-Mile, they get so excited: "A Vizsla puppy!"
Well, tonight I met my first Vizsla at the Twin Cities Obedience Training Club, where I take my puppy kindergarten class. She was probably full-grown and -- given her calm and submissive demeanor -- was probably headed to a more advanced class. Our reddish-golden coats were a perfect match. Even her owner thought I was a Vizsla.
I think I know why.
Most Rhodesian Ridgebacks have black noses, but mine is what they call "liver-colored." (Not the most flattering description, I know.) The color of my fur, red wheaten, is also shared by many Vizslas.
OK, your turn. Can you guess which dog is which breed? I'll give you a hint. One of them is yours truly.
Thanks to Heshima Ya Kimbo kennel and Bondy-Vizsla.net for the photos.






2 Comments:
Memphis puppy,
you are by far the best looking of all those pups.
On one of your pictures, you are running so fast that your ears stick up (previous posting), are you trying to copy my ears pupster pal?
love from puppy pal indie xx
Thanks for your votes of confidence! Indie puppy, no one can beat those ears of yours.
Post a Comment
<< Home