Memphis, Minnesota

Regular musings from a sleepy dog. That's me: Memphis Miller.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Burt the Hedgehog

Tonight Jesse and Laura came back from the pet store with a loud grunting hedgehog. Instead of a squeak, his snort sounded like like a cross between an antique car horn and a wild Hawaiian boar. (Or so I'm told.) We became fast friends, and so I started pinning him to the ground. After some reckless play, a tooth flew out of my mouth.

"Oh my God, I think he lost a tooth!" Jesse observed.

I was still busy with Burt (the hedgehog), but Jesse stopped all play to inspect the projectile. Sure enough, it was a jagged bloody tooth, with some of Burt's hair stuck to it. By the time they checked back on me, they finally noticed I had been using Burt like a gauze pad. He was covered in blood.



Here, you can see Jesse holding the tooth over my head. Burt reveals his bloody paw.

Later, they pried open my mouth to check in with the rest of my dental happenings. My big-dog teeth are coming in quite nicely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home